Due to current and forecasted weather conditions, coupled with extremely dry conditions, the State Forester has issued a fire restriction order for all unincorporated private and state lands within the State of Utah.
The following acts are prohibited:
- Setting, building, maintaining, attending or using open fires of any kind, except campfires built within the facilities provided for them in improved campgrounds, picnic areas or permanently improved places of habitation.
- Smoking, except within an enclosed vehicle or building, a developed recreation site or while stopped in an area at least three feet in diameter that is barren or cleared to mineral soil.
- Discharging, or using any kind of fireworks, tracer ammunition or other pyrotechnic devices.
- Cutting, welding, or grinding metal in areas of dry vegetation.
- The use of any steel jacketed or steel core ammunition of any caliber
- Use of exploding targets that are detonated when struck by a projectile such as a bullet from a firearm.
This order does not affect incorporated towns and cities.
The following persons are exempted from the above prohibitions :
- Persons with a permit specifically authorizing the prohibited act at a specific location.
- Any Certified Peace Officer, Local, State or Federal Fire Officer or firefighting forces in the performance of an official duty.
Violation of the above prohibited acts is punishable as a class B misdemeanor.