The Official Website of Utah County Government

Utah County Clerk/Auditor

Bryan E. Thompson

Utah County Clerk Auditor


Utah County Administration Building
100 East Center Street
Room 3600
Provo, Utah 84606



Monday - Friday : 8:00 am to 4:30 PM (Closed weekends and County Holidays)


  • All persons that are applying for a passport must be present.
  • A check or money order for the fees payable to the U.S. Department of State.
  • A check, money order or credit card for fees payable to Utah County Clerk.
  • Proof of citizenship
  • Identification for all persons applying for a passport.
  • Passport quality photograph


Passport fees must be paid by check or money order only to the "U.S. Department of State".

  • Passport book (age 16 years and older) $110.00*
  • Passport book (age 15 years and younger) $80.00*
  • Passport card (age 16 years and older) $30.00*
  • Passport card (age 15 and under) $15.00*
  • Fee of $60.00 to expedite passport application*

*You must also pay a $25 application fee, per person, to the Utah County Clerk.

The Utah County Clerk accepts credit/debit cards (Mastercard and Visa only), check, money order or cash. Please make checks payable to "Utah County Clerk".


Application Requirements

  • All applicants must appear in person, both parents must appear in person with children under age 16 (Both parents consent is a requirement). Title 22, Section 51.28 as provided by the code of Federal Regulations. Effective February 1, 2008.
  • 1 passport quality picture (please note that State Department has updated their photo requirements, visit travel.state.gov for more details. Also, passport photographs are not available at the Utah County Clerk's office at this time.)
  • Proof of U.S. Citizenship, such as an old passport, or a certified birth certificate issued by the Vital Records department in the county or state of your birth.
  • Picture identification, such as a valid driver license, valid state ID, or current military identification. If you have out of state id, a second form of id is required
  • Parents must present proof of identification for minor children

Effective July 2, 2001, Public Law 106-113 requires both parents' or legal guardian(s)' signatures, on a child under the age of 16, or documentation of the absence of the second parent. As of July 2, 2001, you can no longer submit a previous passport for proof of US citizenship for a child under the age of 16. The certified copy of the birth certificate will need to be submitted showing the names of the parents.

Application Renewal By Mail

If you have had a passport within the last 15 years and were at least 16 years of age or older at the time of issuance, you may obtain a form and submit your own application.

For this purpose you may obtain a passport application form from the Utah County Clerks Office, or you can obtain a copy from the internet: http://travel.state.gov

Tips for Travelers

  • Familiarize yourself with local laws and customs. Remember, when in a foreign country, you are subject to the laws of the country.
  • Make 2 photo copies of your passport identification page. Leave one at home. Carry the other in your luggage (Not with your passport).
  • Leave a copy of your itinerary with family or friends at home. If you get in serious trouble or if your passport is lost/stolen, call the nearest U.S. Consulate.

Visit the U. S. Department of State and it's Bureau of Consular Affairs website located at : http://travel.state.gov

Or call 1-877-487-2778 for recorded information on travel advisories and warnings.


The Clerk's Office of Utah County Government tries to ensure that the information made available on the County's website is accurate and complete. Due to factors beyond the control of the County, however, it cannot guarantee against unauthorized modification of information or errors and omissions made in inputting and posting data. The County may make changes to a web page at any time to update, add or correct the information made available. If you have any questions regarding what information is acceptable or required in order to complete a Passport Application, contact the Passport division at 801-851-8226 or 801-851-8108. For detailed passport information, please visit http://www.travel.state.gov or contact our office at the phone numbers provided above.